Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Genesis Project...Chapter 12...Part 2


   The three of them looked up when Gordon Miles approached the fire.

   “Good evening,” said Miles and pointed to the last remaining seat at the fire. “May I?”

   “Help yourself,” said Cortez.

   “I’ve come to get better acquainted with our newest member. Maia, wasn’t it?” said Gordon.

    Maia nodded her head. “Yes, sir.”

   “Call me Gordon. Please.”  Maia nodded again.

   “Is this your home, Maia?

   Maia shook her head. “Oreadan is my home. We were trying to get away from the big war there, but, something happened to our ship and we had to land here.”

   “Where is everyone from your ship?”

   “Gone. The Mukmows took ‘em.”

    Gordon looked over at Cortez.

   “We found her in an abandoned village hiding under the floor of a hut. We met the Mukmows later. Mean little bastards.”

    Gordon patted Maia’s hand. “Well, you don’t have to worry, you have friends here.”

    He rose from his seat. “Ladies, we have another big day ahead of us tomorrow and I will bid you all adieu. I will see you in the morning.”

   “Well, that’s my cue,” said Kenzi. She gathered her two mugs and rose from her place by the face.

    “See you tomorrow, Bells,” said Cortez. She could hear Kenzi laughing as she disappeared from the firelight.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment