Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why Write Westerns?

  Why do I write Westerns? Why not mysteries or Science Fiction? These were a couple of questions someone asked me recently. Actually, I have written both Sci-Fi and Mysteries, but Westerns are what I do best. I guess it comes from being introduced to them at a young age by my Dad. The very first movie he took me to was a John Wayne western. I've been hooked ever since.
  To me a western is an adventure story. Good versus evil with a touch of romance and a little bit of humor mixed in. And they're fun to write.While waiting for RIDE THE SAVAGE LAND to be released, I'll be posting a number of my short stories here. I hope they'll be enjoyed as much as I enjoyed writing them.

                                                                                 Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment